Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Thankgiving - a little late!

What a nice day we had here in Bend. Mike was on call for the holiday, but "thankfully" did not get called in. Unfortunately he made up for it the next day by working 12 hours of overtime!! Our Thanksgiving day started out with Monkeybread - Yum! Monkeybread is like cinnamon rolls all stuck together - double yum!! It's a holiday favorite while we are watching the Macy's parade and the aroma of the cooking turkey is spreading through the house. Mike made an apple pie this year that could hold it's own against Miss Callendar herself! We would have made pumpkin pie, but we have lots of apples to eat (not complaining) and making two pies for only 4 people means that I will be eating pie for way too long after the holiday! One of my favorite things about cooking a turkey is the leftovers - especially warm, open-faced turkey sandwiches with lots of gravy! Now you see why I don't need the pie! As a family, we played together (legos are so much fun!), went for a walk, watched a family movie and gave thanks for the wonderful blessings in our lives! Now I'm wondering how you celebrate Thanksgiving? Does your family have any special traditions or foods? Let me know by leaving me a comment! Thanks! Oh, and I hope this finds you excited for the best celebration of the year - the birth of Christ Jesus, our Savior and coming King! God's best gift of all to us!

1 comment:

Rob, Sandra, and family hope you enjoy the pics. said...

Hey guys, cute pics. Thanks for the Christmas gifts. I didn't get out Christmas cards, very hectic here, but hope you are enjoying your Ranger Rick magazines.
Love, Sandra : ) We also have a blog, theottley5, but I can't seem to get photos to post. Rob will be home soon, maybe he can help. Have a great day.