Monday, October 12, 2009

Focusing On Family

It's been a long time since I've written!
I'm sorry to those of you that look here,
expecting to see something new, and you haven't for a while.
My only excuse is that I've been focusing on my family!!
I hope that's enough for your forgivness.
Below is a picture of my amazing husband!
Since my last post, he's been gone for a month of training
in California, back home for another 2 months
(totally unexpected, but wonderful)
and then left for his deployment in June.
Check out the link on the side of this page for his blog.
He does a really good job!
Since June, I've been playing the part of the
single parent and homeowner.
In reality, I never signed on for those roles,
but here I am nontheless and it's not easy.
There are no days off and I'm not taking
my husband's presence forgranted ever again!
On the other hand, God is good and
He never fails to show His amazing
mercy, providence and peace every day!
All of that to say, this will probably be my
last post until after Mike returns.
I want to take those few spare moments I
am given each day to write to Mike, or
to listen to Caitlin play a song on her cello, or
to play a game with Luke. They are my ministry right now.
Focusing On Family!





Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts, cards and packages, phone calls, lunch invitations, dinners delivered and flowers left on the doorstep! I really couldn't have ordered up a better group of people to support us. I know Mike feels the same way. Saying a mere "thank you" never seems to be enough for all you've done, but please know that every small act of kindness you've shown us during this separation has been appreciated more than we can possible describe. Our prayer is that you feel as blessed as we do!
Thank you for everything! Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you Chris and we are so proud of you and how you are taking care of your family. We are so proud of Mike and pray for his safe return. All of you are in our prayers, I love keeping in touch with Mike on FB and catching up with you guys through him. We can't wait to see you guys again. All our love, Dion and Trudi
Give those kids a hug for us.